Grounded in Mindfulness & Leadership
Are you in transition, facing questions of vocation or retirement, asking “what’s next”?
Do you want to create greater alignment between your inner values and your outer actions to live with integrity and authenticity?
Are you seeking rest, renewal, and spacious time to re-imagine your life and leadership?
We offer retreats, workshops, programs, and keynotes that focus on cura personalis, or care for the whole person, creating safe space for you to slow down and to nurture personal and professional leadership, authenticity, and integrity, grounded in mindfulness and reflective practices. Our offerings promote mindfulness and leadership through reflection individually and in small groups to gain insights, foster happiness and compassion, deepen awareness, and discover what is most meaningful to you, toward personal and societal transformation.
Focus on Mindful School Leadership
Using the highly-acclaimed book, The Mindful School Leader: Practices to Transform Your Leadership and School (Corwin, 2014), participants learn mindful leadership, including mindful communication, mindful awareness, social and emotional training, and ethical leadership grounded in mindfulness.
Customized Workshops & Retreats
All retreats and workshops can be customized to fit your particular organization and location.
- Mindfulness coaching for leaders, organization, and teams
- Mindfulness curriculum review and development for schools
- Professional development training in mindfulness
- Mindfulness retreats
What You Will Learn
- Enhance your ability to respond rather than react, even under stress
- Strengthen your capacity to understand and creatively engage complex situations and emotions
- Boost focus and clarity
- Foster positive mood, promoting greater well being, compassion, open-heartedness, and happiness
- Nurture your physical, mental, and emotional resilience
- Regain access to your own ‘inner wisdom’ to guide you to greater meaning and purpose
- Learn to hold tension of personal and professional concerns in generative and life-giving ways
- Rest, renew, and reconnect
- Align your work in the world with your values
- Seek clarity around issues of vocation, transition, life direction, and purpose
This is a transformative experience for me, due in large part to Valerie’s exceptional facilitation. Each session was carefully constructed to assist us in moving toward wholeness. I especially appreciated Valerie’s incorporating multiple perspectives (religious, cultural) for us to contemplate. Expertly paced for the introverts and the extroverts.
Valerie creates a truly safe, open, and welcoming space for people to do their own self-exploration. She strikes a challenging balance between leading too much and too little with a seeming ease that belies the considerable effort behind her facilitation. I am deeply grateful for my time with her.
—Amy Moffitt, PMP, CSPO, ITIL v.3, Manager, Deloitte
It is rare to find a place or space where you are able to truly share all of yourself – open, honestly, truthfully – without fear of judgment, or effect on your professional future. And at the same time, make deep connections with other people who understand the struggles that are present for young clergy in this work.
—Clergy retreat participant
Upcoming retreats and conferences:
Chestnut Conference Centre, 89 Chestnut Street, Toronto, Ontario
655 Gilsum Mine Rd, Alstead, NH 03602
150 Lake Drive, Rhinebeck, NY 12572