Lead Smart Coaching Offers:
- Leadership Coaching and Consulting
- Mindfulness Training & Professional Development
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
Why Leadership Coaching, Why Now?
Are you juggling too many competing and conflicting pressures with decreasing resources? Do you feel overwhelmed and stressed by the huge array of initiatives to implement and rigorous layers of accountability? Do you feel exhausted by the complexity, immediacy, overabundance of information, and find yourself frustratingly distracted, feeling stuck or procrastinating? Do you feel pulled to wear too many hats… are you attempting to be: a visionary in swiftly shifting environments, a change agent, instructional leader, curriculum and assessment expert, fiscal and budget analyst, facility manager, special program administrator and community builder? Oh, and you must take care of yourself and your family, too!
The bottom line: today’s leaders are extraordinarily stressed and frequently lack the resources and supports they need for building and nurturing their own leadership practices. This can have profound effects on your emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual well-being, and, it certainly doesn’t help you grow and strengthen your organization.
WHAT IS LEADERSHIP COACHING?
Leadership coaching is a personalized, confidential, structured support program that helps you to clarify your values and achieve your highest potential, while living with deeper meaning and purpose. Coaching sessions begin with a learning agenda, and include: experimentation with new leadership strategies and behavioral practices, feedback on effectiveness, and an ongoing assessment of where you are and where you want to be. Sessions are tailored to suit your schedule and are available in person or other formats for both individuals and teams. Whether you are experiencing a career transition, seeking greater productivity, or exploring purpose and meaning in your work and in life, leadership coaching is a smarter way to work.
“Valerie is an extraordinary leadership coach. She helped me improve my communication with staff, reducing internal school conflict and helped me clarify the elements of mission-driven, child-focused education in our school.”
— Karmala Sherwood, Executive Director and Head of School, Smith Leadership Academy, Dorchester, MA
Leadership Coaching is Ideal for You if You:
- Sense that you are at the edge, or are in full-blown burnout
- Put your self-care last and sometimes believe that it is ‘selfish’ to take care of yourself
- Feel obligated to show ‘strength’ at the cost of authentic self-expression
- Push yourself hard to keep up, and find yourself at a breaking point
- Want to improve your leadership skills with ongoing, confidential support
- Want to build greater trust, connection, and collaboration within your school or organization
- Want more than one-off training sessions loaded with ‘quick-fixes’ and ‘good ideas’
- Are ready to move your leadership skills beyond annual performance reviews
- Seek to develop new competencies, qualities, and ways of being, that support YOU
“Val and I have been working together for the past two years as co-facilitators of an intensive 2-week summer youth leadership program that integrates mindfulness, non-violent communication, and narrative storytelling practices. Working alongside Val is a seamless and invigorating experience. She is professional, compassionate, engaging, and dedicated. Val naturally invites others to discover their own inner-stillness and inner-compassion so that they can be of authentic and useful service in their communities and beyond. It has been a true joy to collaborate with her in this way!”
— Cornelia Cannon Holden, Director, Core Leadership Summer Portal, The Hotchkiss School
Partial Past/Present Client List
- Buckingham Friends School, Lahaska, PA
- Center for Courage & Renewal, Seattle, WA
- Community of St. John Baptist, Mendham, NJ
- Pendle Hill, Wallingford, PA
- Presbyterian Church, USA
- The Community School of New Hope-Solebury, New Hope, PA
- The Dinner Party
- The Habit Change Company, Philadelphia, PA
- The Hotchkiss School, Lakeville, CT
- Smith Leadership Academy, Dorchester, MA
- Woolman Hill, Deerfield, MA
List of Collaborators
These friends and collaborators share my values and we often partner together.
- Karen L. Erlichman, LCSW, www.karenerlichman.com
- Carol Kortsch, www.stonehavencommons.org
- Kirsten Olson, Old Sow Coaching and Consulting, www.kirstenolson.org