These retreats are designed to rest, renew, restore, and reconnect the body, mind and spirit. They are extraordinary personal growth and learning opportunities, and cultivate societal transformation.
Contact Valerie to design and lead a retreat for your organization.
Register today; retreats fill quickly. Space is limited.
Journey Toward Wholeness: A Courage & Renewal® Retreat Series at Pendle Hill, beginning November 9-11, 2018
November 9-11, 2018 – Seeds of the True Self
January 11-13, 2019 – Dwelling in Darkness
March 8-10, 2019 – Embracing the Power of Paradox
May 3 -5, 2019 – Living with Abundance & Gratitude
Based on the work of Parker J. Palmer and the Center for Courage & Renewal®, this retreat combines both an opportunity within community to explore what matters most to you and to savor rest and renewal.
Reflect on issues of transition, vocation, life passion, purpose, meaning, direction, aging, relationships, and underlying life patterns, to live in alignment with your deepest values and the courage to act with integrity and authenticity.
This retreat is designed for you:
- Are you seeking rest and renewal, a time set-aside just for you from the busyness of daily stress to focus on what matters most to you?
- Are you in transition and asking yourself: ‘What’s next?’ And, do you want the space to reflect and to listen to your own inner wisdom?
- Are you seeking support to build ongoing practices and a community to help you integrate your deepest intentions into your life and work?
- Have you been deeply moved by the writing of Parker J. Palmer and the Circle of Trust® and want to know more?
What people are saying….
- “…profoundly moved to a deeper level of “getting it””.
- “It is an amazing spiritual journey where you can learn more about yourself and experience the capacity of love of humanity. It’s life changing and uplifting.”
- “The program helped me go beyond what I thought I was seeking and give clarity to my questions.”
- “It was marvelous! You must do this for yourself.”
Read more here.
Register here. Space is limited to 23 persons.
Leap of Faith Creating the Life You Want and the Work You Love, A Courage & Renewal ® Retreat
About this retreat
Become the best version of you. Transform your thinking about life purpose and meaning, about your work. In this deep dive, you’ll explore how your values align with your work, your soul, and role.
What You’ll Learn in this Retreat….
- Envision a self-sustaining career that resonates with your deepest levels of integrity, passion, and purpose
- Imagine how your life would change if you honored your life’s calling rather than settling for yet another job?
- Explore vocational transition through a lens of fullness and abundance
Cranaleith Spiritual Retreat Center, an oasis of natural beauty, a ‘Sanctuary of Trees’, a place to ‘get-away-from-it-all’, is located in Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by mass transit. Focused on promoting health and well being, Cranaleith serves nutritionally balanced meals with a sense of joy and good taste.
Includes a light breakfast, gourmet lunch, refreshments, retreat materials, facilitation, and day use of Cranaleith Spiritual Center grounds.
Open Heart, Peaceful Mind: A Courage & Renewal® Retreat for Rest & Reflection
at Pendle Hill, Wallingford, PA (near Philadelphia) December 28 to January 1, 2019
Reflect on what matters most. Using the Courage & Renewal Approach, you’ll explore issues most deeply meaningful to you and the courage to take action.
Exhale deeply. Savor space and time to reflect on your life. Rest and renew; make new connections. Start the new year grounded in body, mind, and spirit. This annual retreat includes a New Year’s Eve Celebration of the senses, delicious and inspired local and organic meals, a live concert, ice cream social, candlelight meeting for worship, and much more.
Pendle Hill is Quaker, retreat and educational conference center, and community, situated on 24-bucolic acres just outside Philadelphia. Dedicated to fostering peace and social justice through transforming lives, Pendle Hill is well known for caring and professional staff, delicious, local and organic meals, beautiful grounds, and proximity to major transit hubs.
What People Are Saying….
- “I loved the schedule, the way all the facets were integrated thoroughly and thoughtfully with spontaneous combustions of positivity.”
- “Outstanding opportunity to grow in ways you cannot imagine.”
- “I had no idea what to expect and I am leaving with more than I could ever imagine. I have a toolbox filled with tools to live fully and to know joy.”
Registration details available in Spring 2018. Space is limited.