Walk in Beauty: Pilgrimage of El Camino de Santiago, Spain
Location: El Camino de Santiago, Spain
Date: September 16-25, 2016
“…even before you sat down with them,
broke bread and drank wine,
wiped the wind-tears from your eyes:
pilgrim they called you again. Pilgrim.”
—David Whyte, from Camino
Embark on a pilgrimage to discover something new about yourself. It isn’t so much a choice you make, as a response to a call already whispered to you. In the experience of encounter with unfamiliarity, you are able to move out of your assumptions, expectations, and preconceived ideas, as a new way of seeing yourself and the world emerges.
Savor spacious time, reunite body, mind, and spirit in meaningful and sacred travel, and connect with fellow seekers while walking the famed pilgrimage trail of El Camino de Santiago, Spain. This unique, slow-paced walking pilgrimage explores the little known parts of El Camino, following Spain’s dramatic coastline while building community, engaging ritual, practicing sacred silence, and opening to personal encounters with local people and stunning landscape.
Praise for the journey from past participants:
· “The incredible sharing of every person in our group along the way touched me. The interconnectedness will be in my heart and mind forever.”
· “I reconnected with what is really essential in my life.”
· “I found the beauty of the environment we walked through, the silence, the stillness to be deeply meaningful.”
Last year, this pilgrimage filled quickly, just by word of mouth, so if you are interested, please reserve your place and begin planning for the experience of a lifetime!
Price: $3499.00 per person double occupancy; single supplement is $650.00. A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 per person is required to reserve your space. The full balance is due by June 16, 2016.
· Expert guides and pilgrimage facilitation
· Charming lodging in family-run hotels/farmhouse inns during walk
· Most regional-delicious breakfasts and dinners with local wine, including a festive welcome and farewell dinner
· Private van support, fully stocked with healthy snacks during walk
· Three pre-departure conference calls to prepare you for this journey of a lifetime
· Extensive pre-departure background materials
· Daily gathering for poetry, song, reflection, sharing, and mutual discovery
· Personalized care and attention from Valerie, which you just can’t get in those large tours
· A Sabbath Rest Day to reflect, nourish, and integrate
· A fabulous community of fellow pilgrims
Price DOES NOT include:
· Round trip airfare
· Ground travel in Spain to and from meeting location
· All lunches
· Tips & Gratuities
More information and registration forms: El Camino, Walk in Beauty, Brief History of El Camino, El Camino Registration Form, El Camino Daily Schedule & FAQ, El Camino Predeparture Questionnaire, El Camino Medical Form
Choose with Discernment:
I want your pilgrimage experience to be soulfully enriching, stretching and challenging in the best ways, radically hospitable, inspiring, and wildly supportive of where you are. If you’re not sure whether this pilgrimage is right for you, please review the pilgrimage details carefully, and if you feel a ‘yes’ rising up within I eagerly welcome you to join us!
This registration is a commitment both to yourself and to the community that forms around you. Small, intimate groups to support real connectedness. Dropping out affects the group experience and me as small business owner. I know sometimes life intervenes and cancellations happen. However, please be clear on my cancellation policy, and please be clear on your commitment to this experience.
On the road to Finisterra